Friday, March 31, 2006

view from a bus window

here's one of those numerous snippets that i have, unresolved and unfinished. written on a bus ride home the eve of the last valentine's day - i got really dizzy and it reminded me why i do not read or write in a moving vehicle. 02/13/2006

Nine fifty pm. Good thing that I didn't take my car today. Gives me time to write. The city is in transition, in the clutches of halogen and gaudy neon lights. It never really sleeps does it? As I make my way home, tired and drained as a lot of the other passengers and some of the people I see, there are those who are about to start their day. Until about two weeks ago, I was part of them - nightcrawlers.

I had been oblivious, reason why I am happy I commuted today. The woman in the dark blue pant suit passing by like she was floating, as graceful as a swan. Her hair looked like it was still damp, I wonder what scent she uses. The young couple ambling along the sidewalk, looking like the world was theirs alone. The ambulant vendors with their toothless grins and sunken eyes, still managing to be cheerful in their impoverished state.

I sometimes get so wrapped up in the foibles of my own existence that I forget to live. It's now eleven twenty and I am still stuck in this traffic jam's hellacious death grip. I live just a stone throw away from where the city's florists are, and since it's the eve of Valentine, well everyone is here.

1 comment:

Michael Martin said...

hahaha! glad you did!

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...