Sunday, September 10, 2006

emptiness is a four legged word (06282006)

We were out this weekend. I was being the usual couch potato, lounging and basking in the cloudy midafternoon sky. Loved the hint of rain brewing in the horizon, and reminds me of why I prefer to stay here.

Out of the blue, I hear meows. Wtf? I look down and Aira is busily gathering four kittens like a doting mother. The insane fact about it? Aira's a shih tzu. Crazy owner, crazy dog.

Amused to the end of my wits, I return the kittens to where she got them (there were still two left in the litter, and I traced them with their cries), to Aira's obvious consternation, as she was alternating whimpering and doing that agitated face she does so well.

The matter settled, I go back to my chair to idle away the rest of the afternoon. Although she had sullenly trudged back with me, Aira was clearly distraught. To the point she wouldn't even want to jump in the pool when it started to rain in the early evening, she just kept looking at me with the "you are one humongous *sshole" look in her face.
With the Saturday pretty much ruined for both of us, I did not go back to Manila this Sunday. I spent (or rather we) the day looking for a suitable breeder. I left her there to satisfy both her amorousness and her desire to have offspring. It's been three days now, and they've been terribly lonely.

No comments:

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...