Thursday, September 25, 2014

Nescafé as a Barometer



If memory serves me right, and by the bye I am not rocking chair material yet (not for a couple of decades thank you very f&$king much). I took a gamble on this purchase three years ago. At PHP 14.35 it looked like a fine deal (yessiree Bob shake yer hand on it) as you get a couple of sips of fine roast, enough to give you a kick, but in a small enough serving to prevent palpitations and that unflattering acidic feeling in the pit of yer tummy that you call, well, yer tummy.

Fast forward to the last payday and grocery run. I've been studiously avoiding taking a good gander at the tag prices and opting instead to bug the living bejesus out of my sweet wife about her budgeting skills, in the effort to prevent myself from blowing a gasket. In this world where fathers are thankless beasts of burden and labor, I decided to go frig the man and give myself a treat. I plunge my hand inside that refrigerated gondola right and come up with my ten minutes of caffeine pleasure. No wait. What? Are you effing kidding me? Twenty two pesos!? I rounded it off to twenty three and just about went into an epileptic seizure.

That's 50% percent inflation smacking you right in the kisser Boss Joe-say can you see in the dawn's early light! Now say you're a top dog in a company full of alphas. That'd still only be 30% annual increases in three years aggregate! How in the world are you going to even get ahead unless you steal the people's taxes?! Wait, back up. That's another thing altogether. What I mean is, with how the taxes are, and how fast inflation, or maybe how the government is unable to curb prices, how can you even keep living a respectable lifestyle? Chew on that for your "positive thoughts for the day". Because baby we are positively getting screwed.

No comments:

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...