Sunday, September 21, 2014

There Goes the Dream of a "Seamless" Integration of Gadgets and the Internet

So. After the hiatus I tentatively step into my old stomping grounds. The veritable multi platform Multiply is now an eBay sort of place. Livejournal is somewhat deserted, the writer forums of old have since been waylaid by Facebook. We'll come to think of it all of them were.

Yahoo is forcing Flickr users to work with Tumblr and has pulled out support for Google's Blogger. Meanwhile I have to get everything linked up to Google + to have photos and pages work together.

I haven't started with my iOS yet which tries to force me to abandon all of it in favor of Apple supported platforms.

For someone who just wanted to write and have an easy way to share content, this IPO and digital battles are getting so messed up.

I want the choices inside a one stop shop. I hope we get these companies to stop pushing us towards a funnel.

No comments:

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...