Thursday, October 04, 2012

...And you're stuck thinking, "It won't be THAT bad if the sun decided NOT to rise tomorrow"....

I get there a lot of times. I just try and not dwell on it. Out of respect for the rest of humanity if the Creator suddenly decided a lottery was in the offing and I was the winner.

It's not a happy condition we humans are stuck in. We chase, we scramble and all we get are fleeting glimpses. Gone and jaded too soon. Americans sum it up so neatly - "The pursuit of happiness". It's so broad and so ephemeral that we go through all sorts of hoops in chasing the hope.

That's all it is really. Hope. Hope that when we get the promotion, find the spouse, find that elusive collectible, nail that exam, win the bacon, we bring home the contentment in our hearts, to be locked in some glass box forever. Sadly it doesn't work that way. We yearn, we dream for more, then we chase again.

The world has invented a word to control our inveterate need - Contentment. This puts the brakes to the megalomaniac in you. Add religion and the state to the mix, and you are guilty, guilty, guilty for even wanting what you want. Which then means you, we, us are under control by the individuals with the same urges as we have. Which they then pursue relentlessly. Reason for the wealth stuck in the top one percent of the population spread.

So yes, I do think about it. But if not for the billions of you still dreaming of emancipation, I would be narcissistic enough to say "Oh yes Creator, I'd very much agree to the sun not rising tomorrow".
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the ones contented get labeled as mediocre... we are just a jolly and sunny lot, are we?

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...