Sunday, October 07, 2012

In darkest of evenings,

There are times when we feel like all has been or about to be lost. They sometimes seem to stretch out without the hope of tomorrow. We remember them clearly; we wear their marks on our hearts.

In these times, we try and dig in to find our strengths. We either fail or succeed, and then find ourselves in the cusps of a new life, granted by a tomorrow that has arrived sooner than we expected it to. It could be bright or bleak - you never know.

You also do not know - when the clouds would break for a while and give you respite, an small oasis in the general emptiness that rules this vast chaotic universe. Then you smile; you laugh; you jest a little; and somehow although all else is very nearly lost, there remains - love, laughter, kindness, and the courage to stay the course.

I just did. With a wonderful woman I love enough to burn my life for, and an unborn daughter I will be meeting soon. Our story remains as bleak tomorrow as it is this morning, dark and uncertain, as any tale a bard or a castrati sung over the innumerable ages past. Yet we are together. That should count for something.

If you are alone and searching when you read this. Do not despair, you are not by yourself. We are here and rooting for you, and have left notes in the oasis of life. Good luck to all of us.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments:

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...