Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sunroof and Stone Boundaries

Took a twenty kilometer side trip across fields this morning. Which finds me here at home blogging just right after the song I popped in had concluded.

Ok so it was totally inappropriate for the situation. Hmmm...wait I'm disjointed. Lemme back up a bit.

Went out at seven am. Opened all the windows (my baby is heavily tinted) and popped the sunroof. Took a chance on a random playlist and hell baby - betterman! Yeah right, the song's underpinnings maybe off kilter. But hey, this is Pearl Jam, harbringers of angst and despair, at their poppiest. Perfect.

Found myself singing along and flooring the pedals for all the baby was worth. Surprise! I found myself smiling when I peered at the rearview mirrors. Hey stranger. Haven't seen you in the last decade. Why? I wasn't the one smiling. Or rather, it wasn't just a smile. My soul was happy. I and I mean that whole, was happy. Wait AM happy!

So I kick the baby a bit more and did a u-turn at the next barrio's boundary. Uh-huh morning folks were craning their heads at the car that was driving a bit too fast for comfort and blaring a song they probably have not heard before. I was tapping the steering wheel as well while I sang, wondering now why I didn't lose control. This is one of those rare days and I mean to get the most out of it while it's there. I even smiled at the usual morons on the road.

I still feel the gleam in my eye as I write this down. These are days you dream about and live for. Imagine that huh? So I am sappy. So it is weird. So what?

I am happy. Go figure. If you can't. Bite me. Or go find your own happiness.

No comments:

One Year with the Fujinon XF 50-140mm f2.8

So another weekend came and went, and with finding the time to clean my lenses I had the strong urge to Marie Kondo my current glass line-u...